Saturday 21 May 2016

Where Was I?

Wondering where I've been? Well, here's a list of things I've been doing in lieu of blogging:


  • Editing Shadows of Ourselves and making it available for pre-order
  • Giving Blood of Midnight a new editing pass
  • Finishing up the paperback stuff for Souls of Salt & Seawater
  • Drafting Dreamwalker, which you can find on Goodreads here
  • Reading the new Sarah J. Maas book and crying
  • Getting a new bedroom door (my old one was broken)
  • Starting to take prozac
  • Enjoying the fact that spring is here
  • generally living life

I've gotten a bunch of work done in the past few weeks, but I've barely been blogging at all. I probably should've kept up with it better, but Shadows of Ourselves (pre-order it here!) was taking up all of my energy.

I also designed the cover for Tears of Sunrise, the sequel to Blood of Midnight. I really love it. Once the newly edited version of BOM is up, I'll be putting out a new cover for Scars of Dusk, too.

Right now I haven't finished the editing pass, yet. It's nothing major, just cleaning up grammatical and spelling errors that slipped by in previous edits and making a few things clearer. If you've already read it, the changes in the new edition won't be too big - there are new paragraphs, here and there, and new lines, but no new scenes or chapters. Just general confirmation of a few things I didn't make clear enough, and generally tightening the manuscript.

The blurb for the sequel is also up, and I want to start drafting it as soon as possible so I can share the covers. The verb tense in this one has changed, and so has the protagonist - though Dru and Lilac will be featured heavily, it's an anthology series, so the stories also stand on their own.

My word count goal for this one is around 35 to 40 thousand words, and my goal for Dreamwalker is roughly the same, so I'm going to try to make Dreamseeker the same length.

Anyway, if you'd like a review copy of Shadows of Ourselves, feel free to hit me up in the comments of at ApolloBlake@mail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Duke Won't Do by Jessie Clever (Book Review)

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear," he growled right before his mouth came down on hers. The perfect cozy, wholesome romance ...

Labels