Wednesday 25 May 2016

Why?

Why is my room built on a slant like this? Why am I so good at cutting my own hair? Why do I have an obsession with candles? Where can I buy more great candles? Why do I hate screamo so much? These are all questions that need to be asked.

Today I've been finishing up an edit on the first ten thousand words of Dreamwalker, because I switched it from first-person to third. It fits the book better, and it will be easier to write it back to back with its sequel this way.

I also, as you may have guessed, cut my own hair. Now I'm getting ready to do the cat box while I wait for my vegetarian pizza to get here.

It's been a good day. Every day has been a generally good day lately. I mean, I'm really, like. . .I don't know if the word is anxious or if I should say I'm kind of falling into some unhealthy thought patterns. There's a gap in my vocabulary where the word for this feeling should be, but whatever, I'm not worried. At least I'm not depressed, anymore. I've just been obsessing over the idea of death the last few days, because, you know, death anxiety is a part of my core personality at this point.

That said, I've been getting good work done, Shadows is coming out in two days, I've lost a bunch of weight, and it's finally nice out outside. Warm days, sunlight, no snow or ice. It's just really nice being able to spend time outside lately.

Also, there's a new Ariana Grande album out, so. Yes. Now I'm just waiting on Lorde, honestly.

That's me, that's my life: an endless wait for a million albums to come out. I'm okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Duke Won't Do by Jessie Clever (Book Review)

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear," he growled right before his mouth came down on hers. The perfect cozy, wholesome romance ...

Labels