Friday 29 April 2016

It's All Good

Here's a list of some songs I'm listening to while editing:


  • Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy
  • Too Much by Pale
  • Jinx by DNCE
  • Mirrors by PVRIS
  • Make a Shadow by Meg Morris

I also have Lemonade playing on repeat, but my favorites are Daddy Lessons, Don't Hurt Yourself, and Six Inch.

It's all good as long as I'm getting work done.

Which, you know, I am. When I'm not reading. I just went through a really big reading slump and I'm starting to get out of it. I just devoured the last Lunar Chronicles book, which pissed me off, because it introduce the first canon gay character of the series as a nameless throwaway who preyed on a straight lead with mind illusions. Not really cool. It was still a great book, though, I just get annoyed at how a lot of straight authors write about us sometimes, especially when they just don't write about us at all, like we don't exist.

On the more positive end of the spectrum, I picked up Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian again and I'm gonna finish it soon. I bought it a while back because I wanted a book with boys kissing boys, and this had that, plus a really pretty cover.

I have like ten books on the go right now and stacks and stacks of them around my room. I just finished Unchanged by Heather Crews as an ebook and now I'm reading her new book, Pshcopomp, which has been really good so far.

I'm probably going to do an Indie Pick spotlight on that or something, or see if I can interview her for the blog, because I love her work. She has some free short stories about vampires I'd really recommend reading, but since I've been loving this book (which is futuristic dystopian kind of deal) so much, I made a graphic for it:


I think the protagonist might actually be a white girl, or at least half white, but I was picturing her as afro-latino, with really good hair, like above, so. Yolo.

This book is really aesthetic, and I love aesthetic, so you can, and should, get it here. I'll warn you though, it gets pretty dark. (Trigger warning for physical and sexual abuse/rape.) But all the darkness is handled pretty well and not, like, glossed over.

Aside from that I've been rereading snippets of Ink by Amanda Sun, Extraction by Stephanie Diaz, and Lady Midnight, by Cassandra Clare.

Sometimes I like to pick things I've been through, even several times, off of the shelf and just read a few passages.

Sometimes I do it for one passage and end up rereading an entire book. That's just how I roll, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Duke Won't Do by Jessie Clever (Book Review)

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear," he growled right before his mouth came down on hers. The perfect cozy, wholesome romance ...

Labels