Sunday 30 April 2017

The Best Diet

I've been living on weed and coffee, which is probably not the healthiest diet, but also kind of the best one. I'm working on a fun new adult standalone set in the same world as Beacon that I'm pitching as Paranormalcy meets Kill Bill.

It's got witches, secret government agencies that deal with the magical world, steamy romance between a witch and a beacon/werewolf hybrid.

Writing has been really hard recently, and I think the only thing that will fix it and get me back in the groove is to finish another book and just get it out. Which is partly why I wanted to write a standalone - so I don't have to write a bunch of sequels before I can put it out.

After this book is done I think I'm going to wrap up the Beacon trilogy and then put out a new Liesmith's Sins novella. Then I can attempt to finish the Deadheart Saga. It's daunting to think of writing a four-book series. Really, really daunting.

I've outlined the first three, and although I think the second one needs a bit more work, they're fairly strong. At least in my opinion. Which might be a little skewered. Still, I'm glad I decided to expand the length of the series because there was no way I'd be able to develop the main romance and all the side characters with the depth I want to in just two books. Plus, more books = more villains, and we all love that. :)

I'm not outlining this, aside from jotting down rough scene ideas as I write, like I did with the first Blood of Midnight book. I don't normally wing things, but I just want to take my time with this and have fun so I can remember why I got into writing in the first place.

So yeah, that's where I'm at - I've been getting stoned and mainlining coffees and writing about witches and wolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Duke Won't Do by Jessie Clever (Book Review)

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear," he growled right before his mouth came down on hers. The perfect cozy, wholesome romance ...

Labels