Saturday 15 April 2017

Everything You Need to Know

So. I'm changing my name. From here on out I'll be going by Kai Bishop. I really didn't feel like Jinx suited me for a long time, but I was waiting for it to click or settle into place, and it never did.

I think one of the reasons I felt so detached from it is because most people would give me odd looks or outright laugh me off when I told them my name was Jinx, which was annoying. I can see where it might be hard to take that name seriously, though, especially after knowing me under my birth name. A lot of people in my personal life refused to call me Jinx, too, which was annoying - not necessarily because I wanted them to call me Jinx, just that I definitely didn't want them to call me by my birth name, either.

Kai is a nickname I had for years long before the idea of changing my name at all was a gleam in my eye, so a few close friends already call me that on instinct. I feel like it suits me better. It feels right, it sits on my shoulders well, and it rolls off the tongue. Plus it's a lot more common than Jinx, and a lot less campy.

As for Bishop, I wanted to stick with the same initials as my birth name to placate my parents, but my actual birth surname is really clunky and also hard for me to pronounce clearly because of this annoying mini-lisp I have. Bishop is a lot easier for me to pronounce and also sounds nice, so there you have it.

I'm updating my social media accounts and the content of my ebooks to reflect the change and this is what I'll be going by from now on :) and that's everything you need to know about that

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Duke Won't Do by Jessie Clever (Book Review)

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear," he growled right before his mouth came down on hers. The perfect cozy, wholesome romance ...

Labels