Sunday 14 June 2020

Love & Fear & Maybe More Robots

I'm listening to Karma by Marina again and I keep thinking that this double-album was underappreciated by the fandom. People on Popheads are always trashing it as her worst release but I really don't know. Karma is great, Orange Trees is one of my favorite songs by her, and a lot of people seem to love Handmade Heaven, like even people who dislike the albums agree that song is good. So. I think there's a false verdict on this one.

Anyway I've got this novella to edit and a novel to finish, and I'm sitting here resisting the lure of a new potential WIP. I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH ON THE GO TO START NEW STORIES. So I am holding myself back by the scruff of the neck.

I WILL get to that other story eventually, but yeah, tonight is all about Force. As is every night until I freaking finish it. I'm not playing around any more. I thought I'd have it AND the sequel out by now so I have to pick up slack. I will say, drafting-wise, this year has been very productive for me. But drafting, and editing those raw materials into a publishable product are not the same thing...I want Force to be perfect before I release it, and the same with these other projects. I want them at their full potential.

The thing with Force is, I can't just edit it; I have to edit it AND use it as a tool to set up the rest of the series. All other four novellas have ties to Force and what happens in it. It's the basis for this whole world. So it's a lot of pressure. Book two is going to be a lot more fun, I hope. Force isn't soul-crushing to work on like some other projects I've been dealing with, but it's tough, high-energy work, that's for sure. I am having fun spending time with these characters, though, especially Kacey and Unity.

All I know is that I would like to publish multiple titles this month and I don't know if that's going to be a realistically attainable goal right now. Only time will tell; it's all about patience. Now I'm going to go and add more androids and robots to this book now, because I just realized how crucial to the plot they are but also how few we see in book 1 compared to the others. Ah, the fun of editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Duke Won't Do by Jessie Clever (Book Review)

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear," he growled right before his mouth came down on hers. The perfect cozy, wholesome romance ...

Labels